Thursday, March 25, 2010

March 24, 2010

Seeing is believing

Had another good night's sleep and woke up at 8. I was feeling a little lazy so I lay in bed for a bit surfing through the latest posts on Facebook on my iPhone. When I finally decided to get up, I rolled out, wandered over to the dresser, pulled out a clean pair of shorts, walked to the doorway, turned back, looked at my hockey bag and went, "...how come I can see?"

Apparently I forgot to take my contacts out last night. They're so comfortable that they didn't even bother me when I woke up this morning. Now, I've fallen asleep with contacts in before and prior to this incident, every time I wake up, whether it's a full night or a nap, my eyes sting. This morning, nothing. OK... I guess we'll see how long this lasts before I have to take them out.

Spent the morning applying to iStock. I've taken so many photos I thought maybe I'd post a few of them and see if anyone else likes 'em. Now, I know all of my photo friends will probably frown at me and I totally understand and I'm reeeeeeeeeally sorry but I could use a little extra dough. Not that I expect to make anything substantial but if it covers the cost of my Timmy's double double in the morning then I'm gonna be happy. Spent the rest of the day battling the Celtic knot. I got a lot further with it today than I did yesterday. It's sorta there. Not quite happy with the unity or the front hooves but I got the steam/flames and the back end resolved for the most part. I'll try and have another go tomorrow in between all my meetings.

Not a whole lot to report today. Predominantly a work day. Missed out on the sunshine. *sigh* Tomorrow is an early day and a lot of meetings. Right, I gotta take my contacts out tonight...

Reason to smile today: Progress on the tattoo. (yay)

Something I learned today: I need property releases for buildings. I recognize that iconic buildings you probably do but I didn't realize that you might possibly need one for any building. Interesting. Also, public crowds. I thought you didn't need model releases for public crowds in a public place. Hmmm. How about that.

2 comments:

  1. The Doug WTF pic will make you money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Gent - I took that one with my iPhone. Not high enough Rez and too grainy. I WISH I got that shot with my camera.

    ReplyDelete