Thursday, March 25, 2010

March 23, 2010


Pass me the buffet...

Another day, another dollar. More job searching, more celtic knot work. I'm going to make $1.50 an hour by the time I'm done with this. Thing is, I don't want to half ass this. Not that I ever want to half ass my work but tattoos are something personal and permanent (well, for the most part) so I feel compelled to do a good job. Hard to tweak a tattoo after it's been inked. As I've mentioned in my previous posts, Celtic knot work is not my thing and it's been tricky to try and get it not only to look aesthetically nice but also somewhat culturally correct. Now, I know that there were more than likely no traditional Celtic knots created in the shape of a leaping bull with steam/fire coming out of it's nostrils but there is some personal pride on the line here. I am a professional after all. Hopefully I'll be able to get this down soonish. I know Chris is pretty anxious to get this and I'm starting to get anxious to get it of my plate before I start dreading working on it. Nothing like working on a project for too long and starting to hate it.

It was sunny today and I'm a little sad to be cooped up inside but gotta do it. Dinner with Graeme tonight. We're going for sushi. Woo-ha, Woo-ha.

I met up with Graeme at BC Sushi on W. Broadway and Arbutus. It's an all you can eat joint. Being on a budget sorta sucks but what do you do you know? It was good seeing Graeme again. He's a character. You could almost put him in a sitcom (sorry buddy. My warped sense of perception). We chatted about school, Eugene, work, design, girls, girlfriends, ex-girlfriends, and, of course, sushi. Now, BC Sushi isn't the best sushi but it was certainly better than passable. I've had worse in Cowtown at proper restaurants. They had a surprisingly big selection for AYCE. There were a number of items on the menu that would definitely have been on the B or C list in Calgary. Benefits of living near the water. Easier to get stuff. We ate and ate and ate and when all was said and dne I was surprised we didn't scarf down more. For me, I had only had a coffee and a banana all day so I was starving. Maybe I hungered myself out of an appetite. Still, sushi is always a treat for me and with sushi restaurants seemingly around every corner here I imagine, even on my limited budget that I'll be having sushi a little more often.

Reason to smile today: uh... hello? Sushi. 'nuff said.

Something I learned today: Get over pass relationships quickly! (Remember) if you cant get over,, u will go under! - @RevRunWisdom

No comments:

Post a Comment