Sunday, March 21, 2010

March 18, 2010

One last day of Xuanshine

Taking an extended nap in the middle of the afternoon yesterday was a terible idea. Completely killed the night's sleep. I kept waking up, tossing and turning and barely dozed off most of the night. Made for a heck of a morning. Had to get up early to go to networking with Lara. The HOBN group was quite good. I met and hooked up with a few good people. Whether or not that turns into anything remains to be seen but it was a promising start considering it was my first day there. The range of people there was quite broad which made for an interesting dynamic but the group was quite loose and the networking quite informal. It was good.

After the networking I went back to the house to get Xuan. I promised to take her to Granville Island before she left for Mexico so I picked her up and we headed to the Island. I had just ben there a few days ago but like I said before, it's one of my happy places so I didn't mind being back. We wandered through the market and the shops, had some lunch, watched a guy get pooped on by a seagull (what the hell is with that? I'm two for two now...), and generally enjoyed the sunshine. Xuan is always interesting to watch because she sees things in a way that is reminiscent of a child seeing things for the first time. IT's entertaining and in some ways, refreshing. It makes me try and see things; even things I see over and over again, in a new way.

We made our way from Granville Island to the passport office at 3. It took no time at all to get her passport. Ta-daa. She's officially hooked up with documents. Now hopefully, she'll have a good time in Mexico. Still a little worried for her but hopefully it goes well.

We spent a quiet evening at the house getting Xuan ready for her flight out tomorrow. Packing, prepping that kind of thing. We'll make it an early night tonight.

Reason to smile today: Xuan - "I like Ian. He looks like Santa"

Something I learned today: You have to turn the baseboard heaters ON in order for them to work

No comments:

Post a Comment