Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 11, 2010

Working Hard but Hardly Working

After sleeping a tonne last night I was up at 8 ready to go. Jumped in the shower then did my Timmy's run. There was a Shaw convention going on in the parking lot. I also noticed a car with a lot of snow on it which caught me off guard. It snows that much in Vancouver? Found out later that it snowed up on Burnaby Hill.

I got back to the house and sat down to get some work done. Somehow... it didn't work out the way I had hoped. I don't know why exactly. I was busy all day. I found a seated osition that didn't kill me and I was hammering away all day but when all was said and done...

I got my laundry done...

...and a few important e-mails.

I don't understand. What the hell was I doing all day? It's not like I was surfing around on the net and chatting to people all day. I did a little but nothing out of the ordinary. In fact probably less than I normally do. Weird. I also somehow managed to consume a quarter of my ginger and pepper jelly that I bought yesterday on the island. I didn't think I ate that much of it. Apparently I did. It was lovely on my throat though.

I posted some new pics and updated the blog in the evening as I didn't have time to do it yesterday. Lara came by around 8 and we made a run over to Save-on to do some grocery shopping for dinner. The plan was to make salmon, spinach and brie quesadillas but it sorta turned into a salmon, spinach and brie tortilla sandwiches. Still tasty. We watched Hitman as we ate dinner. It was... ok. Not particularly well acted by the lead and the writing was a little weak but it was alright overall. Still a nice evening.

Gotta be up early tomorrow to attend a .tel get together with Lara. Time to crash.

Reason to smile today: Tasty ginger and pepper jelly with cream cheese on rice crackers. OM NOM NOM NOM NOM

Something I learned today: If I make a fried egg, cheese and salsa open faced sandwich with a slice of tomato, I cover of all of my food groups AND it's easy to make. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment