Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March 17, 2010

Sleep and eat, eat and sleep

That pretty much summed up my day. Ian met up with us at 11 to have brunch at the Tomahawk. I had a Campfire which was apparently the equivalent of a half order of the Yukon breakfast (the breakfast that made them famous). I would have considered the Campfire a regular sized breakfast which frightens me to think just how big a Yukon is...

I got suckered into a Banana Cream Pie for dessert. Not the best idea I've had first thing in the morning. It wasn't so much a pie as it was, what could only be described as a kitchen accident where a flood of sliced bananas and cream buried a pie crust and was topped with copious amounts of whipped cream to try and cover up the freak happenstance. I couldn't finish it as much as I tried.

It was a beautiful St. Patrick's Day and we considered taking a wander down to Granville Island to take in the sunshine.

Right after we have a nap...

...Lara called at 4:30.

We had to clear out as she was expecting a fellow to come view the suite so we straightened the place out and went upstairs. The fellow never came and we wound up having an impromptu dinner with Dan and Xuan. Pasta with a mushroom and beef cream sauce and a Salmon, caper and avocado salad. Not bad at all for mashing it together.

I'm still tired. Early tomorrow for a networking session with Lara.

Reason to smile today: Well, Irish eyes are smiling today right?

Something I learned today: You don't necessarily need mayo to make a tasty salmon salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment