Sunday, April 18, 2010

April 5, 2010

Walk abouts

After the late night last night I slept in today. Chir and Marina pinged me and it sounded like Flavio flaked out on them so they were itching to get out. I helped them figure out how to get from where they were (which was reeeeeeeeeeeeally deep south) and get downtown. I met them downtown on Granville. Lara was looking for something to do for a bit too so she came along.

Unfortunately, it was holiday Monday so a lot was closed. Still we did a bit of wandering around. Granville Street, the library downtown, the CBC office, Yaletown, and Robson. We saw a set being prepped for filming a segment of Fringe on Granville. Lara had somewhere to be so she left us just before dinner. We tried to find a good sushi place for dinner but the place Tomi suggested was closed and because we were starving we went to Tsunami sushi. It was alright. Not the best but even for being crappy sushi in Vancouver it was still pretty good. Chir battled me hard for the bill. I was really surprised at how hard she fought for it. Full on body blocking. I had to laugh. We went to the crepe place on Granville for dessert. I thought it was the one on Granville that as the nicer one but I guessed wrong. It was the one on Robson. Still, it was good stuff. The girl who made our crepes had a great haircut. Mohawk tied back in to a ponytail. We wnt for a stroll after to Gastown to find a coffee shop and relaxed as we waited for Flavio who had said he would come in to downtown to pick the girls up. After the coffee shop closed down Flavio asked that we meet him down in Richmond so we walked up to Waterfront to catch the train. On our way there, we got the impression he wanted the girls to meet him where he was to hang out at whatever thing he was at which the girls were completely not into so we figured out a way for them to get home. At the Knightsbridge station we had some time to kill so we wandered into the RimRock to use the facilities and hang out. We rode a curved escalator which was cool. Never been on one of those before. Also had an opportunity to charge Chir's phone a little bit.

It was really beginning to rain hard and the sun had gone down so I took the bus with them down to Langley as close as the bus would go to where they were staying. I was going to walk them to the house but they insisted I stay on the bus so i rode it down to the border and back up to the Knightsbridge train station before heading back in to the core and the night bus home. On the bus a couple boarded who were very obviously out enjoying the Easter holiday. I think it put a grin on most of the passengers faces.

All in all, it was a good day. Discovered some cool new shops, got to hang out with the girls and still had a full day considering I slept in. Can't complain.

Reason to smile today: Hangin out with Chir, Marina and Lara today

Something I learned today: You can have a curved escalator. Didn't know you could do that.

Something else I learned today: Peep Shows actually still exist. Who knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment