Sunday, April 18, 2010

April 4, 2010

A full day of activity

Helped Thalia move in to her new place today. Probably the easiest move i've ever done. Ons van load. Packed in 10 minutes. I don't think I've ever done a move that easy before. Well, it gave me an opportunity to have some brunch with Thalia and Whitney which was cool. It's a nice place. Nice area, cool space. I think Thalia and Whitney will have a really good time there.

Had dinner with Dan and Lara at the Memphis Blues BBQ up here in North Van. I have to say, it is waaaay better than the Big T's in Calgary. Mmmmmmm tasty. I noticed a new menu item. Well, I guess it's not new to the restaurant but new to me. It was called the Priscilla platter and was basically twice as big as the Elvis platter. I thought it would have been funnier if they had renamed them Young Elvis and Old Elvis platters. I think a Priscilla platter should be a single serving of the Elvis platter. Just a wee taste of everything. I don't remember her being that big.

In the evening I went to see Chir at the airport. She was flying in from Cowtown on her way back to Prince George. I haven't seen her in a few years so it was nice to see her. Big hug from her. I don't remember her ever being that animated. Sorta caught me off guard. It was nice though. It's always nice to feel like you've been missed. Her friend Marina was also there and together along with another fella, whom for some reason, I keep wanting to call Flavio, we went for late night Dim Sum in Richmond. I've never done late night Dim Sum so I was curious to se if there might be anything different on the menu. As it turned out it wasn't anything different. Still, it was nice to put a twist on something familiar.

By the time we finished Dim Sum and went our separate ways it was well past 1am. I was a little concerned about how to get home but I figured worst case scenario I'd just hang out at a Timmy's or something. The last SkyTrain heading North had already gone so I asked a girl in a Transit uniform what the best way back, if there was any, would be. As it turns out there is a night bus so I hopped it into downtown. Now for my next trick, how to get to the North Shore. I figured worst case scenario I could cab it and it wouldn't be that bad of a hit. As it turns out there was also a night bus to North Vancouver as well. Fantastic. The transit service here actually works. Nice. Love it.

Something I learned today: You can actually do Dim Sum at night

Reason to smile today: Big hug from Chir

No comments:

Post a Comment