Saturday, April 24, 2010

April 11, 2010

Misa invited me yesterday to go to Seattle with him and Rob. Seeing as I had no lans I decided to tag along.

I noticed that Peace Arch border had gone through some changes. The old office was gone and some new buildings had been put up in a different location. I don't know if Calforex was in there or not but there was something a little sad about it. So many memories.

We got across the border pretty quickly and with relative ease. i had expected it to take longer with all of the new security measures but it wasn't a problem. I discovered, however, shortly after crossing the bordermy phone stopped working. Boooo. I had thought I would be able to roam using the AT&T network but apparently I cannot. This sucked.

The drive was pretty quick and as we pulled into Seattle we were able to find the SAM but we wound up driving around a little bit just to find parking. We decided to get some lunch first. I suggested we walk down to the Seattle Public Market. I was hoping to be able to have some lunch at that great little Chinese restaurant there. Unfortunately we walked the wrong direction and wound up having lunch at the Red Robin.

The SAM was pretty cool. Interesting collection of stuff but didn't flow very well both in terms of what was showing and how the layout was. Still, worth the visit.

Something I Learned Today: Seattle named after an Indian Chief
Reason To Smile Today: Crossing the border

No comments:

Post a Comment